You can now import orders directly into the Xero accounting system to make doing GST returns much faster. Unfortunately this task is not so easy with MYOB or other popular accounting software packages. The main issue is to do with how client records are created. We do however offer CSV export of your order data for your own backup or for your own integration. You need to ask your IT department or contract a 3rd party to do that integration. We do not provide support for any integration except Xero which is super easy and they provide a 30 day free trial.
How to Setup Xero Integration
- Login to xero.com
- Click on Settings menu, then general settings.
- Click on "Xero Network"
- Scroll down to the "Web Widgets" external service.
- Click Generate Key
- Careful here, please scroll down to the "Web Widgets" external service again!!!
- Copy and paste the strange looking code, something like MJJMOGQ5M2M0NTNLNDCWNMI1NTVHND
- Paste that down in the Xero Interface Key area below.
- You will also need to provide an accounts code for all sales, the suggestion is you enter the code 200 in that box. This is the default sales code.
- In order to test, please now buy something from yourself on your website until you have completed to the payment area, you do not need to pay.
- Log back into Xero, and go to Accounts, Accounts Receivable.
- Click on the Drafts tab, to see your draft invoices as posted directly from this shopping cart.
- You need to tick and "approve" any of those invoices before they will adjust any of your account balances and become active transactions in Xero.