Creating bookable products and settings
When you add new product you can choose one of the bookable types. Also you can turn any product in a bookable by going to "Bookings" tab and selecting "Booking Type" along with other settings.
- For hire products: "Pricing UOM (unit of measure)" is the time unit used to calculate the booking fee (product price is the price for the UOM time). "Booking Duration Increment" is the step of booking length (product can be hired on hourly or daily basis and so on). For accommodation they are usually "1 day". For services "Booking Duration Increment" is the length of service, customer cannot choose the booking length, it is calculated automatically based on services chosen. Min and max duration are ignored for services but work for hire products and accommodation.
- "Calendar Filter Tags" are used only for accommodation and services. Ignored for hire products.
- Hire items can be added/deleted/managed for hire products. For accommodation and services they are ignored.
- Reservation System page is used to manage staff members or accommodation resources (rooms).
- For each resource unit availability settings should be chosen.
- For staff members tags define member skills. Working hours define when staff member is available for booking. To make the whole day unavailable (like weekends) set working hours to "00:00 - 00:00";
- Open days
Open days dropdown helps to set standard settings, but not working properly yet.
- Min and Max booking duration
Min and max notice define how long it can be between the time when the booking is made ant the actual start of the service (e.g. staff member accepts booking no less than 1 day in advance to have time to prepare but no more than 1 month in advance to be able to change schedule, plan holidays etc).
- Available From and Available Until
are general constraints to limit availability for temporary staff or set vacations and so on.
- Staff Booking Spacing
Defines minimal time between bookings (to clean workplace and so on), so if one booking ends at 13:00 the next one cannot start before 13:15 for example. The other fields can be ignored for now.
- For accommodation resources theoretically the same settings are available as for staff members, but most of them will not make sense.There are global booking settings for the whole shopping page. Shopping -> Setup -> Booking Calendar Rules (Beta Testing)
- Working hours
define when the office is open, any booking should start and finish when the office is open. To make the whole day unavailable (like weekends) set working hours to "00:00 - 00:00". "Open days" defines on which public holidays the office is not working. "Closed From" and "Closed Until" are for custom periods.
- Shopping Cart Options
are mostly the default values for products or resources settings when they are not explicitly selected except "Overnight Booking Interval" and "Weekend Booking Interval".
Those are used to calculate booking fee for hire items which are booked on hourly or similar basis (to be precise for hire products with both "Booking Duration Increment" and "Pricing UOM" less that one day).
Basically you can choose that overnight time (when office is not open) or weekends and public holidays time (when office is closed for more than 1 day) will be treated as a specific amount of time when calculating booking fee, for example customer pays for overnight time as for 3 hours only and for the whole weekend as for 6 hours.
Thus if someone hires a trailer form Monday 9:00 to Tuesday 11:00 they will pay for 2+3=5 hours.
- If for Overnight Booking Interval a time equal or more that 1 day selected or for "Weekend Booking Interval" 2 or more days selected that values are ignored and overnight/weekends time is treated as it is.