Learn how we deal with mobile devices, and what else you can do with them.
- Most common format mobile devices are automatically detected and delivered to a "mobile friendly" version of your website.
- Primarily, this takes them to your "site map", which will load very quickly and allow the user to progress to the item of information they really require.
- Each web page is displayed without the graphical templates and banners etc, which significantly speeds up the load time, and reduces the clutter on a small screen.
- You can choose to "opt out" of this feature on a domain by domain basis... thus allowing you to optionally have a link to get the "full site" version on a domain basis. You can make this change in the URL Redirect area for a given domain name.
- You can choose to provide a stylesheet specifically for your PDS/Mobile platform, and suggest you target this at a 240x320 screen size, which is most common on portable devices. The CSS is available in the same area as all the other CSS.
- You can insert a special welcome screen for portable devices via the "Custom Templates" area, look for the PDA/Mobile include file.
To enable/disable Mobile forwarding services for your website
- Login to the CMS and hover your mouse cursor over the DESIGN button at the top of the page
- Click on "Mobile Templates" on the right-hand side under "Advanced Users"
- Change the dropdown labelled "Mobile Templates" to Disabled or Enabled, then click on "Save Changes"
Finer control of Mobile forwarding / Custom Mobile Templates
Further control options for mobile templates are available
- Login to the CMS and hover your mouse cursor over the DESIGN button at the top of the browser
- In the drop down menu find the ADVANCED USERS section on the right hand side and choose MOBILE TEMPLATES
- Change your settings here or add custom templates as required
Preview mobile version on desktop
- Append your website URL with: ?showMobileSite=1