You will generally need two things to create a banner for your website...
- An appropriate image that would suit being a banner (99% of the time this would need to be a landscape image
- A image editor, like photoshop or similar.
- A template which allows the banner to be changed. Most templates available -
(particularly the Customisable Options Templates) support this.
Common Image editors
- MS Paint - which comes installed with windows - a detailed tutorial can be found here
- Adobe Photoshop - a Professional, but expensive image editor available from Adobe
- PIXLR - a free web-based editor find it at pixlr.com
Saving your image in the correct format
Images will need to be saved as .jpg, .gif or .png to be usable within the CMS